Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Where to begin...

Okay, okay,.. it has been awhile since my last blog.

Actually, it has been a very, very long time since my last blog.

I wish I had some great reason for not posting , you know, something like....being on the board for world peace, or serving on a mission trip in Haiti , or solving the debt crisis.....nope, nothing like that at all.

I just haven't had much to write about. At least anything I thought you might find interesting. I guess, I've had writers block! Who knew?

That is until yesterday.....

I had a breakthrough or sorts. I decided that even if I didn't feel like much was going on in my life to write about I could just do something I enjoy and tell you about it.

I know what you're thinking...."Duh, Isn't that what blogging is about/". It is and I know that, but I have this problem....I'm always looking for the bigger purpose behind everything.  Like wouldn't it be great if I could reach a million people with this blog... and who knows write a book, change a life. Crazy, huh?

So, I needed a break from me and my "issues", I am a first born and I'm sure there is something behind all these ideas. I needed to just "be", and be happy with just that, me.

So, somewhere between the cleaning, garden planning and preparing dinner, I thought, you know what... I'll post this.....

Remember my new love.....?

Pinterest Logo

Everyday, I am amazed at what this sight is doing for women. I mean, I am sure men are on the site too, but it appears to be mainly women.  I love how it is bringing about this love for home, and crafting and diy projects! Not to mention all the recipes! Women, young and old are finding joy in the the simple things. Gardens, art projects, crafts with kids. .... the list goes on and on.

But  this site  is also about dreaming. Dreaming of a future wedding, a baby, a party, a home. Like my sister always says, "dreams are free". ...which they are, but in the world we live in we rarely get the chance to dream anymore.

So, I sort of have a challenge for all you Pinterest addicts. How about acting on those dreams?
 I am going to try to work on a least one Pinterest dream a day...... Maybe you can only do one a week, or a month, don't worry that's fine ...no hard fast rules here. We do want this to be a fun challenge! How about it? Let's not just be dreamers, but doers!!

Are you in? I hope so, I'd hate to do this all by myself....

Project #1.-  Board- Yum yum

Spicy Black Bean burger! I did it, with a couple of adjustments, and it was so delicious my husband even enjoyed it! Here they are cooking away...


This is the finished product served with spicy roasted sweet potato steak fries! Dessert is in the background... fruit and yogurt parfaits!



So.... today? Something simple.....

Project #2 - Board /Things to try -Williams and Sonoma room freshener!



It works!! I know, I was supposed to use lemons, but all I had were limes.....I have a hard time following directions......again, it may be a first born thing.
Have fun!

But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. James 1:22


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! What did you do today? I am going to do it too...in a month! I plan to have time to do more than dream then.

    ReplyDelete