Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend! Whew!

Okay, even though I haven't blogged in a few days, that doesn't mean I haven't been busy with my Pinterest challenge.

Here is how my Easter Weekend went..........

It actually began on Thurs. with the delivery of several yards of mulch, river rock, and top soil.

What seemed like an easy project, I mean how long would it take to simply edge your garden with rocks?
Hours right? Maybe a day, right? Uh, no. Try 3 long days. I ordered way more rock than we needed. By day 3, my husband and I were dumping rock anywhere we thought it might work!  I have no idea how many weight watcher exercise points I earned this weekend but I'm guessing it was close to a bazillion! Is that a word?

Of course, we didn't just freshen up the landscaping....oh no, we put in an awesome play area for the grandkids, complete with a sand box, roads for cars (made out of the landscaping edging) and a tunnel between the trees! It is very cool, and totally worth the effort! This should count as a Pinterest idea, because it came from a Lowes home improvement magazine, and if they don't have a Pinterest page....they should! Great ideas!!



Now being that it was Easter weekend, I had to dye eggs. So using a Martha Stewart technique from Pinterest, I made these lovely eggs.  They are lacey eggs and are really easy and so pretty!



The best part of the weekend, besides finishing that load of rocks, was attending church with family and celebrating life! Jesus' resurrected life, family life, new spring life in the garden,.....Life! So precious, so easily taken for granted.

Jesus has told us that he came to bring us life....life to the full and overflowing! You know..... that kind of living doesn't just happen, you have to choose it. You have to work at it, invest the time that it takes to breathe life into your family, marriage, friendships. Life overflowing is messy, time consuming and exhausting, trust me, I have the aching muscles to prove it!! However, the pay off is huge!! No greater return on your investment can be made anywhere. Laughter, joy, smiles, wonder, peace...just some of the fruits you will reap when you purpose to pursue life!

I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend !

He is Risen!
He is risen Indeed!


Enjoy these pretty roses from a friend....very Pinterest! They became our centerpiece... so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment