Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Part of the problem, or part of the solution?.

Do you have those days where you'd  love to pick up the phone and call your bff and have a conversation, but you realize there is no way you could discuss all you want with the amount of time you have available? 


That's how I feel about writing a blog sometimes. I have a lot to say, but not a lot of time to get it done.  So with that said, I think the answer is to try to keep it short and hopefully, sweet!


 I'm looking for answers a lot these days which started me thinking...


Before I forget... Pinterest dinner is waiting in the wings to be prepared. (I'm still being a Pinterest doer...not just a viewer!)  Here's a shot of our dinner....Pioneer Woman's Chicken Florentine Pasta! 


Back to problem solving....


Have you noticed how easy it is to complain, give up, point out flaws, rather than look for a solution? I think maybe election year politics have heighten my senses to this situation these days. Have you also noticed how little anyone really offers solutions?  Why? 


First, lets face it... it is always easier to complain. Always easier to walk away. Pretty easy to give up too! Ask any woman or man who is on a diet!! 


Second, if we offer a solution, ...we may have to become the solution. We may actually have to put action to our words. We might face criticism ourselves!!


Risky indeed!!! Better to take the safe route and yell at the team from the bleachers, instead of actually get out on the field. My manicure could get ruined and I might get dirty....


Yep, way easier to offer critical and I'm sure helpful observations from the outside.  I'm sure it is a spiritual gift of some sort, right? Hmm...maybe not.


Why am I dwelling on this right now? 


Because I have been made painfully aware of  how often I notice all the problems surrounding me and how I love to pour out my complaints to the Lord about these issues, but I tend to politely end the conversation when I begin to hear the Lord say....


"Well, Sherri...here is a place you....." (insert dial tone here)


Surely, I'm not the only one who does this...am I?


This week the Lord has convicted me that I need to purpose to be a part of the solution. Stop complaining...it solves nothing. Just try and be the answer.


How?


 Less pointing out the flaws


More...
Here I am, send me!




No comments:

Post a Comment